What to Expect
1. At your first show round, try to look round the nursery with your child. Although a child-less visit might be easier to arrange, there is no substitute for seeing first-hand how the staff will interact with your little one and it will help to familiarise your baby with the nursery.
2. Arrange for your pre-start visits. Even if your child is used to a nursery environment, these visits will reassure you both. You will get to know the staff and see a little of the routine. We usually offer three sessions (but this can change depending on each child) these will be pre-booked in once we have received the Registration form and deposit.
3. Use these visits as a way of communicating your child’s routine to the staff. Your child’s allocated key worker will gather information such as nap-times likes and dislikes at this point.
4. On the first proper nursery day, show your child how excited you are about their chance to have this experience. Try not to show your own anxiety. It’s stressful (for you!) when you leave your child with us for the first few times, but put your happy face on if you can. Your child will settle better if they know that you are comfortable with the situation.
5. Bring with you any comfort items from home that your child is used to having around, such as a favourite toy or cuddle blanket.
6.When you arrive, have a little chat with your child’s key person or room leader but try not to draw out the hand-over process.
7. If your child should be distressed, tell them very clearly that you will be back later to pick them up. This is the most important lesson that your child will learn – that you will always, always come back. On the other hand, if your child settles to playing straight away, try not to be offended! A nursery is a new and exciting place, and many children thrive here from the beginning. It doesn’t mean that they don’t love you or miss you – it means that you are a fantastic parent who’s raising a confident little person!
8. Call us after an hour or so, to check how your child has settled. Be assured we will call you if we are concerned at all.
Have Questions? Get in touch!
157 Wood Lane, West Bromwich, West Midlands, B70 9PT
Happy Days Nursery is a trading name of Greets Green Community Enterprises. A company limited by guarantee. Whose Head Office is based at: 157 Wood Lane, Greets Green, West Bromwich B70 9PT. Telephone: 0121 525 2662. Charity Number: 1118242 Company Registered In England 05626767
Copyright © Happy Days Nursery | All rights reserved - a Five12 Design website, together we create